I've always found it interesting how I can always find a song that completely fits what I'm feeling. Whether I'm scared, angry, happy, or sad to the point of being void. The whole song will fit, but there's always a few lines that feel like they were written just for the purpose of reflecting my mood.
~Seeing it from my view~
This hole in my chest has been getting the best of my life.....
And the chill of your touch
Never thought I'd miss the cold so much
Wrapped in stone
Felt at home
If only you knew that this hole
Was created by you
-By You
~Someone else's view~
Leaving you was the only answer
That I could find
Why did I go?
I still love you, you know.
It's been so long
Since I've known pain
I felt it through your eyes that night
Among the trees and rain
-A World Without You
These are both songs written and sung by Mitch Hansen. I have his album Twilight Hour on my ipod. He based these songs off the books in the Twilight series, which is really cool because it has nothing to do with the movie. I love all of the songs that he did. But these two are the songs that reflect how I'm feeling the most right now, along with Bring Me To Life by Evanescence. But the Mitch Hansen reflect it better and I like listening to them more at the moment.
Not only can songs reflect your mood, they can also have a powerful impact on how you handle or react to a situation.
The song that probably is the closest to how I feel is another Mitch Hansen.
Stay With Me
Can't you see my heart is heavy
Just because I know you're leaving
Sometimes I wish you could
Read my mind
Look at me I'm always lost
But I am found and I can't believe it
There is just one more thing I have to ask
Stay with me for a while
Stay with me and I'll smile
Never leave and you'll see
Stay with me, will you please?
2 comments:
It's amazing how hard it can be to say goodbye...
And even more amazing how sometimes a time comes when you are glad you did.
If you don't know the time or the direction, it's impossible to tell from a snapshot if it's a sunset or a sunrise.
Speaking of sunsets and sunrises, it's the dark side of half way inbetween. I think I need to either get my own blog or go to bed. (Heidi says go to bed.)
Actually, it's not halfway inbetween. We're on daylight savings time! Wahoo!
Good night. Jez, I never meant to make a comment longer than your posting.
Oh, and by the way, I know it's not copyrighted, but I want credit for my picture.
Post a Comment