Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Too Much

WARNING: THIS IS VERY LONG WITH NO REAL POINT. READING MAY CAUSE EXTREME BORDOM.


I can't believe I'm doing this! It's too much. I am doing Summer Experience, which has about the same hours as a regular school day, plus weekly trips (sometimes two a week). We've gone backpacking, river rafting, dino hunting, and we still have a lot more planned, like another backpacking trip to Colorado.

Jeans did Summer Experience last year and she told me that since it was so hectic the only other thing she could do was work a little bit in her dad's office. I'm not as level headed as she is. Along with Summer Experience I am working two jobs, filing at the Credit Union and Life guarding; I have drill team stuff going on; I'm helping Jeans with the play "Just Right" for the 4th (she wrote it by the way, it's really good); and I'm training for cross country. I'm also suppose to be playing tennis so I can stay up to speed, but I haven't had time to do it. And also, our baby chicks came in the other day and I have one cripple (Vaz) and one bantom (meaning it will be a tiny chicken) that was piled on top of by the other chicks so she's not doing so great (her name's Cam). I'm really scared that Cam isn't going to make it, but I'm not giving up on her.

So my days are completely filled. From waking up at 5:00 am until I go to bed around 10:30 pm (but I don't usually go to sleep until at least 11:30 because I'm working on homework), I only spend about an hour and a half at home, which is my lunch break and a little time between school and work. (Which is why I'm writing this during my free time in class, I can't do it any other time).

Yeah, I'm definitely not as level headed as Jeans. She was stressed out last year, and I'm on the verge of losing my mind (what little I have). My patience is worn down, my nerves are shot, and my emotions are starting to get the better of me. It's just more than I can handle. But I've already gone through my list; what can I eliminate? They're all important to me. The first thing to go would probably be cross country, but there's no way I can ditch out. It just isn't an option. I am really on the brink of hysteria, and my moods have become somewhat unpredictable.

I feel really bad for the people that have to deal with me throughout the day. I'm actually pretty good in class because I don't talk often and my friends are pretty good at keeping me in a good mood. But my poor dog is probably going into depression from lack of attention. And poor Dallas has to deal with all my venting and crying. Sorry Dallas, that probably isn't how you want to spend your few weeks here; having a wet shoulder and pretending you're really interested in what I'm saying. But thank you.

There's a couple other things adding to my stress, but I probably shouldn't share it, though I really want to and I might later depending on how things go. So I guess this was really a sort of venting session. But just a bit of advice: don't stretch yourself out so much you're never at home between the times of 5:30 am and 10:30 pm. It really isn't worth it. Go home and spend time with your dog, fish, wife, family, or guitar. It's such a better way to spend your time. And now.... drum roll please.... Congratulations on reading this far! I really didn't expect it of anyone. But it makes me wonder if you were just extremely bored for reading this far.... :)

1 comment:

Dallas said...

First thing: I'm not pretending.
Second thing: You haven't cried on my shoulder yet.

When I was in Cedar, a black professor from U of U came to talk to us. He grew up during the segregation, but he still managed to take 75 credits a semester from four colleges. He graduated with four separate degrees at the same time! And all this, after he had been kicked out of the first college he applied for... of course... he told us not to ever try to do that, but only to remember that we're capable of so much more than what we're doing.

You've got it in you...