Wow. I feel so proud of myself, let me tell you. First, I've written the lyrics to two songs: Fade Away and Fallen Fairy. I didn't know I could do that. And it's cool because I'm not the only one who likes them.....I hope.....
I'm usually not a poem writer, which is kind of what songs are, but I was able to pull out two of them. So even if they are lame, at least I did it!
And second, I have been wanting to learn guitar since 8th grade, and now I'm finally getting somewhere! Today I bought my oldest brother's acoustic guitar. It is really nice and he gave me a really good deal. It came with three picks, a strap, a tuner, and a really nice case. It's awesome! And then Dallas came over and taught me three chords (he actually taught me more than three chords, but that's all I can remember right now). And he showed me how to kind of read music.... tabs, I guess they're called. So we printed off a couple songs that I get to practice with chords until he comes back when school starts. But I'm finally learning to play guitar, with my own guitar! The only downside of this is that I have to keep my fingernails short now. :( I hate.... no.... I HATE having short fingernails. It drives me insane when I just have to cut them during drill competition. Argh! Oh well. I suppose I'll get use to it..... eventually. But for now, I am totally content with learning the guitar and writing songs. :)
ps. Most of the time I work on my songs when I'm in the cage while life guarding. Maybe the pool is my inspiration place..... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment