Monday, April 13, 2009

Random Trains of Thought

Click-click
My mother clicking a pen while doing taxes with my dad.

Tick-tick. Tick-tick
The clock telling me it's time to go to bed.

Hmm-mm
The fridge buzzing out a night lullaby.

Hff-fff
The heater in the bathroom letting out a breath of warmth.

The glow of the computer screen lights the room. My dog's weight presses against my leg, her deep breathing signaling that she's asleep. My mother is now sleeping on the couch, curled up in a green tractor blanket. My father is on the computer, probably playing spider solitaire, free cell, or looking up news articles. I am on his laptop.

News articles....
Uh-oh. I need to get those done for my Government class. Thanks for reminding me, Davio.

Davio....
He got the nickname from a play. Eight-grade. That was a good year. Sort of. Bad spots freshman year, especially the end. Sophomore year sucked. It was hard and awkward. Junior year.... Senior year.... I miss Beau. I'm the only one left. And almost not.

Almost not....
I've signed a contract to live at the Colony in Provo. I can move in June 15. Two months and two days.

Two days....
I'll be performing my dramatic monologue in two days. Performing. Quite honestly, I'm not sure why I did drama this year. Yeah, I like acting, but it's not my great love. I don't live, breathe, dream, or worship drama like others. I don't know why I did it. It's not the same this year. Part of me wishes I hadn't done it. But state is this weekend and after that I'll be done. For good.

For Good....
"I've heard it said
that people come into our lives for a reason
bringing something we must learn
And we are led to those who help us most to grow
if we let them, and we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But, because I knew you, I have been changed for good."
~For Good lyrics from Wicked~

1 comment:

Trent said...

You shouldn't look at computer screens in the dark. You could have a seizure.