Be careful what you watch, read, participate in, or observe. It will stick with you. Even if you don't ever consciously think about it, it will be stored in your subconscious, no matter from how far back.
Today in math class we were given time to just work on our assignments and study for an upcoming test. Of course, while we were doing our assignments, we were talking. I sit next to Loni (Alana), so we were just going at it. But we were still working on our assignments.
I came to a problem that I had forgotten how to do. Luckily, I take notes of how to do problems so I can just refer back to it when things like that happen. I was sort of narrating to Loni about this as I reached for my note book. I ended up saying, "I'll just pull out my handy-dandy notebook!"
We both paused for a moment. I turned to Loni and said it was familiar and asked her where that came from. She couldn't think of it either, but she recognized it as well. We sat there for about ten minutes trying to think of where in the world that had come from. Finally, I got it.
I slowly turned to Loni, my hand covering my face from the rest of the class, and whispered, "Is that from Blues Clues?" We sat frozen as we realized that that's exactly where it had come from. "It is!" She replied, and we both busted up laughing. How in the world had we gotten that? We couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the class.
I made two points to Loni after we had discovered where that random quote had come from. 1. It was really pathetic that I had quoted Blues Clues. 2. It was even more pathetic that we both knew what it was from.
One thing that makes this even better was that I was relating this story to David, before I could tell him where the quote had come from, he asked, "But isn't that from Blues Clues?"
I had some really good laughs today. But I also realized that, even if you can't remember the source, and whether it's good or bad, things will stick with you.
2 comments:
That's hilarious Jessica, and a very good point.
...Why did you know it came from Blues Clues? Just curious ;)
Post a Comment