Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Long Day (Thursday...I think)

I stumble to my bedroom and try to change. It's a wonder I haven't fallen asleep standing up yet. The beginning of the day seemed so far away now. How long ago had my day started? Eighteen hours? Nineteen? Started with dancing at 5:30. Two hours later a 5 hour cramped car trip. Right after, I play two tennis matches. Lost the first. Dominated the second. Still tired from my cross country meet the previous day. But I pulled through. Car won't start. Uh-oh. I have a Biology exam tomorrow. And a dance performance at the football game. Oh good. It started. Now a 5 hour ride home. I try to study in the car, but it doesn't work so well.Home... What time is it? 11:30? My body won't work. I flip on my alarm and fall on my bed. I'm out before I make it under the covers. Two minutes later my alarm goes off. I literally roll off my bed, my bed that's sitting on cement blocks. Rough landing. I hit the snooze button and look at the time. It can't be past one in the morning. Wrong. It's five. Ugh. Time to get going. I think somebody stole my night. There was no way I had slept for 5 hours.I put on my dance clothes and fill up my water bottle, not quite awake yet. I pull on my hoodie and step out into the black morning. The cold...correction, freezing air slaps me in the face, stinging my nose and cheeks. But it does nothing to help me wake up. Dancing. Biology exam. Football game performance. This is going to be another long day. I think I need sleep. Is that what it's called? I think so... yeah. Sleep.

No comments: