Oh the brilliance of insanity! Exactly my point. Ok, so I just got back from a cross country meet a while ago, and it was... well, good, bad, and ugly.
The Good. Since I started running I've been taking a lot of time off my personal record. My first race was close to two minutes faster than my time trial. My second race was definitely over two minutes faster, crushed my previous time. And this race, again, I beat my time (I'm not sure by how much yet, but it was at least a minute and a half). I'm picking up speed and gaining more endurance. Boo Ya! I'm pumped!
The Bad. On our way to Loyd's Lake, where the race was taking place (we run 5k's), I got a headache and started to feel a little bit sick. Great. That's all I needed just before a race. Oh well. I can make it through. So we did a walk through of the course. My headache went away, but I had to stop myself from throwing up three times. That made me a little bit worried.
The Ugly. The race started and I was doing really well. I was keeping a really good pace. I was passing people (slowly) but wasn't getting passed. Sweet. This was going to be a good race... Until I got a little more than halfway through. That sickness came back to get me. I had to stop and step off the trail. I threw up. Twice during the whole race. It was bad. I felt so horrible. When I got back to the bus I was shaking terribly and just felt awful.
But even though I threw up, not only did I finish the race, I beat my time again. And I still beat several other runners. So once I got feeling a little better I realized it wasn't all bad. Just some. I had the good, the bad, and the ugly. But I think the good outweighed the others. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment