Friday, June 13, 2008

No Longer A Blonde

I am no longer a blonde. Well, in hair color that is. I have recently discovered that dying your hair does not change whether you're a true blonde or not. Yes, I am still a true blonde. At first it was just the little things that anyone could end up doing and my family would tease me that the hair dye wasn't working. I just thought to myself, "I'll prove them wrong. I'm not that blonde." Well, I proved something. I proved them right.

I went to the SUU Health Camp this week and it was a blast. I made several new friends and two really good friends: Alicia and Kiersta. It was lunch break and Kiersta finished her food way before anyone else, so she went to wait for us in the lobby. When Alicia and I got done we went to join her.

Now, I don't know what idiot had the brilliant idea of using a dark color carpet with dark lines randomly placed on it, but I think he did it just for laughs. There's a single stair that leads down into the lobby, and you really don't notice it unless you're looking for it because of that stupid carpet.

I was walking beside Alicia and was about half a step behind her. I suddenly saw her stumble and I turned my head to look at her to make sure she's alright while wondering, "Why in the world did she stumble?" My question was quickly answered as I not only stumbled, but completely biffed it off that stupid stair. Kiersta told me later that it looked really funny because she saw Alicia stumble and then I completely go down right next to her.

So I landed on my knees and I just sat there, sort of stunned. Everyone was looking at me like they thought I was hurt, or I was going to run out of the room crying with embarrassment. But once I realized what happened, I started laughing. I wasn't hurt or embarrassed at all. I just thought that it was so funny that I would actually be brought to my knees by a stupid little stair. When everyone saw that I was ok, they all started laughing with me. A couple guys even came and asked me if I was alright and helped me up. But I actually couldn't stand up for a long time because I was laughing so hard. Alicia had to sit down by me because she was laughing really hard, too.

So obviously the hair dye didn't work. But that's alright. That was probably one of my favorite memories of camp.

1 comment:

Dallas said...

One day... I guess I'll have to be there to catch you next time. ;)