Monday, June 2, 2008

Letting Go

Absence makes the heart grow fonder,
Or is it more forgetful?
These simple words will strike me
And often pierce my soul.
I wonder if they are really true
And if there's a way to stop it.
Or must I learn to just let go
And see that it is fit?
Change is always coming,
And though I may not agree,
It is a chance to make things better,
It often strengthens me.
But am I strong enough for this test?
To be left here all alone?
Will it give me a humble heart?
Or will it only change it to stone?
This is what I've been called for
And though I may not know,
I will always be given strength,
If needed, to let go.
Letting go's not easy,
But it helps to have a friend.
One you know you can always trust,
Who will stick by you to the end.

1 comment:

Trent said...

One can always say this,
even if it isn't real,
but I still want to say
I think I know the way you feel.

You have a gift for capturing "essences."