I've never liked the idea of growing up. When I was little, I always wanted Peter Pan to come and take me away to Neverland. Of course that didn't happen and now I'm less than a year away from being an adult. I have now accepted, but not gotten use to, the idea of becoming an adult, hopefully a responsible one. And actually, one of my dreams is to be a stay-at-home mom. As much as I hated the idea of growing up, I've wanted that for as long as I can remember. Probably because my mom stayed home as I was growing up. She did work as a cosmetologist, but her salon was in our basement so she never left the house and was always there when we needed her.
But probably the thing that scares me the most about growing up is drifting away from my friends. You've known these people for a long time. You see each other almost every day for fall, winter, and spring. And now you'll all be going off to different colleges, and if you're lucky you can see each other a few times over Christmas break. You've just frown so close, even to the ones you haven't know as long. That's going to be the hardest for me. Especially with Jeans. We have been best friends since first grade. That's over 11 years!!! And after we graduate, we'll be split up. It's going to be so hard. She has always been there for me and I for her. I know that I'll make new friends and I can still stay somewhat in touch with my old friends. But that's still a cruel blow that I really don't want to face.
But what can you do? You can't stop time. You can't go back. You can't leave some things out. You have to face reality and take what life hands you. All of it. I only hope that I can deal with it in a way that lets me come out on top. I've done pretty good in that thus far, but we'll see....
No comments:
Post a Comment