Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Complications and Frustrations

About three days before I was suppose to come up to Provo, my phone broke. It won't turn back on. The warranty ran out on it a year ago, so there was nothing I could do except buy a new phone. But, since there is only a month left in the contract, that would be an even bigger waste of money.

I reach Provo Tuesday night, only to discover that I can't move into my apartment until Monday, the day classes start. So I live with Trent and Heidi for a week, sleeping on a blow up mattress.

When my parents leave Sunday afternoon, Mom lets me keep her cellphone so I'm not completely shut off from the world. Sunday evening, the phone breaks. "Oh I killed it! Everything I touch is ruined!" So much for not being completely shut off from the world.

Monday I have classes. During my dance class I discover that it will probably be dropped because there aren't enough people enrolled. I'm about 86% sure that the class is going to get cancelled. I just hope I can get into another dance class.

I moved into my apartment Monday evening (yesterday). I live with 4 other girls. In my building there are about 17 girls (give or take a few). Our building is across the street from a house of boys. And we're just the first two buildings on the street. It's a cool little place, The Colony.

Trent didn't like the idea of leaving me with no way to contact anyone, so he let me borrow his spare laptop until I decide to buy it or otherwise. So now, I have communication. And more good news!! Mom's cellphone was still under warranty so I'll be getting a new phone within the next week. It still bites though; paying for three lines of service and only having one phone. Complications and frustrations.

1 comment:

Trent said...

You could have taken one of our two cordless phones, but I don't think it would have reached.