I come home from work Tuesday night (the one before last Tuesday) to find a bag of Funyuns and a Symphony bar on my bed. It was getting close to my moving away date, so I thought it might have been my parents. I confronted them. They had no idea who it was. They were gone when the surprise was delivered.
My next thought was Jeannie. I had been having a hard time and she was making sure she was there for me. But it wasn't her either. In fact, she was mad because she was planning on sending me a flower (which was beautiful) and kidnapping me, and this person had stole her thunder with onion flavoring and musical chocolate.
My next thought was Dallas since he was the only other person I could think of who knew where my room was. I quickly dismissed this idea and confirmed it. He also had no knowledge of this little scheme.
I knew it had to be someone who came to my house regularly. Otherwise, there's no way they could enter my room without leaving with a few cuts from my dog. She's barks when someone enters the house. She gets down right mean when someone enters my room.
I had nothing to go on. I started getting scared that I had some sort of creepy stalker. And this creepy stalker has a name, but I will withhold that information. I really did not want to have to put up with this, especially since I'm leaving soon.
About five days later, my brother, Jamin texted me. He asked if I had received my payment. Then it all came together. About three weeks earlier I had tended Jamin's kids and in return he was going to get me Funyuns and chocolate. I told him to not worry about it. In fact, I had completely forgotten about the whole thing until he asked me about it.
"You have got to be kidding me!" I couldn't believe. All this time I was freaking out because I thought I had a creepy stalker that would warm up to my dog every time he came by. But in reality, it was my brother, simply delivering my payment. It was a huge relief. And really, looking back on it, it was quite funny.
3 comments:
It's weird that we're all disappearing into the future... It's all coming up SO fast... I mean, practically, NOW for you! It's nuts.
Were those the Funyuns I helped you finish Tuesday night?
No. That was a different bag. Funyuns don't last long when they're in my reach.
Post a Comment