Well, I have braces now. Yes! *Heavy on the sarcasm* I am glad that I have them so that my teeth will get fixed, but I don't like the fact that I actually have to have them. When I first looked at myself in the mirror after they were put on I thought I was going to die. Braces are definitely NOT for me. Now my smile looks stupid, I can't smirk anymore (which really made me sad), and I can't chew. It's not because of the pain that I can't chew, it really doesn't hurt as bad as everyone told me it would. It's more annoying than it is painful. I can't chew because I had such a horrible over bite that my top teeth hit the brackets before my back teeth can close together. Really only two of my teeth can touch now. So chewing doesn't work, at all; trust me, I tried. It hurt. So pretty much all I can have is soup, applesauce, and my mother bought me some Cheetos. They were so good, but it was frustrating trying to eat them. I also pulled off a pop-tart this afternoon. It took me about twenty minutes to eat one. How sad is that? I have to go on like this for a few weeks. Now I know a fraction of what Dallas felt. But I'm not as talented as him. I almost choked a few times because I'm so impatient.
The interesting thing is that it doesn't hurt so much. It just feels restricted (which I might hate worse anyway). It's hard because I used my teeth for everything, like opening things and... well, lets just say I used them a lot. Now I feel handicapped :( The lucky thing is that I only have to have them on for fifteen months, so it really isn't that bad... sort of. I'm one of those people who the doctor tells to leave the splint on for seven weeks and I take it off at five and a half. So this will be hard since I can't do that with my braces.... hey, maybe.... :) No, I wouldn't. But really, no jerky, popcorn, Carmel, nuts, corn on the cob, or ice. Ugh! That's not fair.
And my mother is so mean!! Right after I got my braces on she decided that we were going to have barbecued hamburgers and corn on the cob. And guess who had to eat spaghetti-o's instead. And then to make things worse, her, my dad, and my brother, Jamin, start teasing me about it by asking questions like, "Isn't this good?" "Hey, Jess, do you want some?" "Jess, wasn't dinner delicious? Dad's barbecued hamburgers are so good." "Do you want some corn, Jess?" I just glared at them all. Then my dad got a brilliant idea. He would make me a complete hamburger, with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and then put in the blender for me. Oh yum! *Roll my eyes* Though I wanted some so bad I was almost tempted to try it. And the teasing goes on.
And what great friends I have! The drill team tried to convince me they were cute. Yeah.... except Heather. Love that girl. She placed her hand on my shoulder and said, "I am so sorry." Thank you. And my other friends, they are terrific. They just laughed at me. All of them. Even Dallas! He can't help laughing at me whenever I open my mouth. Maybe I'll just have to avoid him until I get them off.....
My cousin was talking to me and then laughed at the way I pronounce my S's. And Dallas agreed with him. He said, "You do sound different." Though you could easily change that word to "funny" and it would still be correct. So, yay for braces.... I guess. This could be a long year....
No comments:
Post a Comment