Sunday, March 4, 2012

Simply In Love

School and work are always enough to keep me busy, especially since now I'm playing catch-up from when I had my concussion. Lots of stress, lots of work, and little time. So when Sundays come, it truly is a day of rest. I woke up early this morning and since I don't go to church until 1:00 in the afternoon, it's given me plenty of time to just relax and listen to Sunday music, and ponder and reflect.

I already know that I am a terribly lucky girl, but in moments like this I get to look deeper and see just how lucky I really am. Today, among other things, I thought a lot about the amazing young man who wooed me and won my heart. I'm still not sure what I did to deserve such an amazing friend, who will soon be my eternal companion. He always treats me like a princess and just being with him makes everything better. Even when I'm ornery, he sticks it out until he can make me smile. Somehow he always knows exactly the right thing to say, the right thing to do, and the right time to say or do it.

I tried to keep track of all the reasons why I love him and why he is so amazing. But I couldn't keep up with him and I soon lost track. You know the saying, "I couldn't count them if I tried"? Well, I did try, and I couldn't count them. There are just so many, like his smile. He has a couple different smiles, and I love them all. I love to see him smile, especially when he can't help but smile. And all the little things he does for me, like scraping the ice off my car before he leaves for work, or calling me every day. This one I especially find cute. When we first started courting, he told me that he wasn't much of a phone talker and he didn't really like calling people. But now he calls me every day and will talk to me for quite a while. Last night I was home alone and he called me three times just to talk and make sure I didn't get too lonely.

He can always make me laugh and we just have so much fun together. He really is my best friend, and I love being with him. I could go on and on about all the things I love about him, and all the incredible things he does for me. I am so grateful for him. And I am so grateful to him. He means everything to me. And in less than two months, I'll never have to tell him good-bye again; it will just be "see you later."

I'm simply in love. And I have never been happier in all my life.

No comments: