Before I moved up here, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I was going into a place where the campus alone was bigger than my hometown. I didn't know anyone there except for my brother, and he would leave only a few weeks after I got there. My general thoughts were, "If I can just endure summer, I'll be alright. Some of my friends will be coming in fall. I just need to hang on until then."
That was two months ago. In an earlier post I alluded to the fact that so much can change in two months. It seems that this is something that I just keep learning. As much as I say it, it still amazes me when it actually happens. In the past while that I've lived here, I have experienced so much. I have made so many friends. Good friends too. I have so much fun here; more than I thought I would have. I am on the Enrichment committee for our ward. I am the Family History representative for my FHE group. I have the coolest roommates. I love it here. I love my friends.
Come fall, most of my friends will be moving out to different places. Some will just move to different apartments. Others will move to different towns. As much as I want my old friends to join me in the fall, I hate to see my new friends leave. I wish there was some way I could keep living in summer while letting the fall come anyway. Living in the best of both worlds. But of course, that can't happen. Change will come whether you want it to or not. And even if you want both, you can't always have your way.
Again I'll say: So much can change in two months. Two months ago I couldn't wait for fall: "If I can just endure summer, I'll be alright. Some of my friends will be coming in fall. I just need to hang on until then." But things change: "If I can just postpone fall, I'll be alright. I've got so many friends here. I just need to hang on as long as I can." Now, I don't want summer to end. Just another change of heart.
1 comment:
The world spins.
Lily says hi.
Post a Comment