Thursday, December 4, 2008

White Shirts

I have a serious issue with white shirts. I'll do just fine wearing a white shirt. My day will go by without incident. But if I'm wearing a white shirt, guaranteed something will happen. When I was at Region tennis, we went to a football game. I wore my white Royals shirt. After the game, we were walking to the vehicle (I was actually going home with my parents, but walking with the other girls). The girl in front of me stepped off the curb onto the grass. Only it wasn't grass, and it wasn't just a few inches down. It was a long way down, and it was a mud puddle. Now don't ask me how it happened, but it did. Something that only happens in movies. When she stepped down, mud splashed up and completely covered me; pants, shirt, face, everything. I honestly don't know how it splashed up that high. And it didn't even get her muddy, just me!!
So today, I was wearing a white shirt. For lunch, I was drinking chocolate milk. And I was being so so careful. I sat down at the table and set my drink down. I had triumphed. ...or so I though... My mom looked at me and gasped.

"What?" I asked and she just continued to stare. I looked down. Lo and behold, it was my shirt. Chocolate milk stained my shirt from the neck, down the left side, to the bottom. How that happened, again, I have no idea. I had been watching the milk the whole time and hadn't spilled a drop. Of course, it wouldn't have happened if I had been wearing a colored shirt. It never happens when I wear a colored shirt. Things always happen to me when I'm wearing a white shirt. Go figure. Like I said, I have issues with white shirts.
This doesn't look as bad. When it happened (about twelve hours ago) it looked a lot worse. And no, I didn't stay in this shirt, I did changed for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Eaglehavenwest said...

And that's why I don't wear white either. Dirt, catsup, mustard, grease, whatever else always seems to find anything white that I wear. I used to blame it on the little kids, but now that I mostly have big kids at home I need a new excuse! Merry Christmas.