Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Chicken Fried

I've only been listening to my ipod as of late, and there are very few songs that I'm in the mood to hear on that. I guess you could say I've been listening to my "It's Not Fair" playlist (though I haven't actually named a playlist that... yet). But today I actually got to drive the Bronco--I've had very limited vehicle access since the Cadillac was totaled and my mom now has run of the Bronco. Plus, my motorcycle parts haven't gotten here, so I've just got my feet (and Dallas' truck when he's kind enough to give me a ride and I'm not stubborn enough to refuse).

So I was on my way home from work, listening to the radio and a song came on that I actually really like, but haven't heard in a while. It's called Chicken Fried.

A little bit of chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair a jeans that fit just right
And the radio on

I love to see the sunrise
See the love in my woman's eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother's love

That's just the chorus, quite catchy actually, but the whole song is really good. (Sorry, Dallas. It's country. You wouldn't like it.) It put me in, not necessarily a good mood, but a better mood than what I've been in lately.

Funny how it`s the little things in life that mean the most

Just a few of the little things I thought of that make life great (I'll steal a few from the song):
Chicken Fried (I love chicken)
Jeans that fit just right (the best)
Radio (come on, belt it out!)
Sunrises (I see few)
Sunsets
Good friends (that take anything you throw at them)
A mother's love (can't beat that)
Rain (Always loved it)
Early mornings (I'm wide awake while everyone else is still groggy)
The Bronco (I think my brothers will agree)
Snow
Hot Chocolate
Rain
Spring
Leaves in the fall (buckhorns especially)
Good friends
Dancing
Rain
My dog (She looks like a Twinkie now)
A smile
Rings (all jewelry, actually)
Good friends
Feeling flexible
A true, unforced laugh
Good friends

These are some of the little things that mean so much to me. Yeah, there's more, but I'll just let you get the idea. And yes, I did repeat some things. I hope you now understand that I do like rain :) Even if you're in a bad mood, you can still find some chicken fried. ;)

1 comment:

Lacey Lu said...

Heak yeah!!...
"Even if you're in a bad mood, you can still find some chicken fried."
...and OATS!! ;-)heehee
I love that song too!! Keep Smiling! Life's Gr8!!