Sunday, November 23, 2008

Something's Got To Give

Something's got to give
It's going to be me
It's two against one
And they're weakening me
My strength is diminishing
My will is gone
I feel no comfort
It's been too long
I stand alone
In anger and fear
I melt in the shadows
When they come near
They look right through me
I'm nothing to them
It's been like this
Since Summer's end
It's a constant battle
To stay on my feet
But I know in this fight
I'm going to be beat
I'll keep on going
For how long I don't know
I'm losing my grip
I'm going to let go
Like now, it will hurt
But I won't be free
Something's got to give
It's going to be me



I wrote this in church, of all places. That's what happens when someone gives me materials to write with. I'll write no matter where I am. And the first phrase, "Something's got to give," I actually got from my Biology class. Random, huh?

No comments: