A few days ago Candace, Stacy (my roomies) and I were just hanging out in our apartment. Bored. Nothing to do. Wanting to socialize and meet some new friends. But we weren't entirely sure how to go about it. I told them that we needed to go check the mail. In my last apartment, when we wanted to socialize we would sometimes go check the mail. For some reason you can't get from the apartment to the mailbox and back without running into someone to talk to.
So we went to the mailbox. All three of us. At the same time. And we weren't ten yards out the door when we ran into some guys to talk to. They were looking for hotdog buns. We didn't have any, but Stacy had hamburger buns. So we improvised. The guys invited us to eat hotdogs with them. We did. We chatted and laughed and had a good time. Then they invited us to go to a bonfire up in American Fork Canyon. We did. They also told scary stories that made the hair on the back of our necks stand up. But we had a blast! And we made new friends. All from going to check the mail.
When looking for enemies, Go to the Mattresses.
When looking for friends, Go to the Mailbox.
3 comments:
Awesome! But can you esplain "go to the mattresses"?
I meant to type "esplain." I was being Lucy.
...
Only if you don't make fun of my "Engish" :)
Go to the mattresses is from the Godfather. I've never seen it, but it's referenced in You've Got Mail. It means go to war.
Post a Comment