Thursday, February 25, 2010

Slightly Morbid for Children

This was found on Kids.Woot for 2/25/10
It's referring to a "Pikachu Critter Kite" for children.

Man, if only Ben Franklin had one of these!

Imagine how quickly he could’ve discovered electricity!

No, silly, I don’t think a Jakks Pikachu Critter Kite would have helped ol’ Ben Franklin out. He would’ve been baffled at its design, coloring, and fiberglass/nylon construction materials. No, I’m saying it would’ve been great if Ben Franklin had an actual Pikachu.

Just imagine one of our greatest founding fathers screaming “I CHOOSE YOU!” and hurling his old-timey wooden Pokeball at the British. Yes sir, that little electric rat would’ve fried every last Redcoat he encountered.

Remember that last scene in The Lost World: Jurassic Park? When the boat pulls up to San Diego and there’s nobody on board? Just like a hand holding a controller or something, right? And then they open the boat and the Tyrannosaurus comes rampaging out?

Imagine if Ben Franklin could’ve sent his Pikachu on a boat over to England.

They would fill the cargo hold with captive British soldiers, since I assume electric rats can eat meat. Maybe they’d just fill it with grain, I don’t know. Anyway, that ghost ship would silently pull into port and no one would have a clue until they opened the hold and BLAM! It’d look a lot like that kite up there.

And, y’know, it would’ve helped him discover electricity sooner too.