Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bless You?

An interesting question was raised at drill team this morning. Heather was coughing really bad as we stood in our beginning formation, our backs to Jeanna (our coach). When Heather finished coughing Jeanna said, "Bless you." Our heads were down waiting for the music to start, but Heather looked over at me and asked, "Am I suppose to say thank you?" I shrugged my shoulders and the music started.

When the dance was over, Heather asked me if I say "Bless You" when somebody coughs. I never had and neither had any of the other girls. Heather said her mom would just say, "Stop coughing." You say "Bless You" when somebody sneezes and "Excuse You" if somebody burps, but what do you say when someone is coughing?

2 comments:

Trent said...

You cough back, but be sure to out do the person. (Yours should be a little louder and gruffer -- an "I'm better than you" sort of cough.)

Heidi said...

I now understand my husband better...