Monday, January 12, 2009

Drill Competition

So we had drill competition this last weekend and it went pretty good. We didn't place, but we performed really well. There's definitely room for improvement, but I think our chances might be pretty good this year. There's just one problem.....

Some time during the competition, I really don't know when, I hurt my middle finger on my left hand. It has a funny bump on the side, it's swollen, and this morning it started turning blue. I don't know if it's jammed or broken. And really, I don't know if I want to know. (My mother's famous words that we don't let her live down: "If you can move it, it's not broken." That's a story in itself.) I'm not going to get it x-rayed. Bleh. I'm sick of that and it costs too much. So I'm just dealing with it. The funny thing is, when we do our military dance we have to have our wrists at 90 degree angles with flat hands. Usually, that's not a problem. Now, my finger won't go straight so my hand curls in a funny claw-like way. It actually looks really hilarious when we do the dance, and I feel so stupid. :)

Yesterday I almost couldn't get my ring off my finger. Really, it took me about 15 minutes sitting in church to get it off (my mom and I were switching rings again during sacrament meeting). So we decided I probably shouldn't put it back on that finger.

Silly fingers. They always get the worst of it. :)

No comments: